A more advanced striking combination:
- Parry + block his attack, then counter with the overhand and stay in the forward leaning position.
- Lateral replacement step as you throw the lead hook and right cross/hook/uppercut (depending on distance) to the body on the weight transfer.
- Lead hook to the body. Make sure to keep your torso angled off to his side.
- Right-hand control of the head/neck. You don’t need to clinch, only keep his head stationary long enough for the rising lead knee to his face.
- Step straight in with your lead or rear leg (depending on distance) and throw a diagonal downward straight left. Aim for the tip of his chin to rotate his head and create maximum damage. Keep your fist horizontal.
This combination takes practice to pull off, but most of all commitment. You have to be willing to go for it as each technique builds on the previous one and hesitation means the timing will be off.